Delete this element to display blogger navbar

Dreaming


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
NubianGraphics.com


One of my friends is a basketball junkie. Needless to say, she dragged me down into addiction and now I'm hooked. I still call the "Point Guard" a "Center" and have a million and one questions about the rules and why the referee blows the whistle so often but have learned to enjoy every single moment of it.

Today my gym hosted a High School basketball tournament and for two hours was teeming with hordes of less-than-fresh pimply teenagers ready to show their worth to the team and to the coach. The naive hoop dreams, quite evident with occasional chants like "Who are we? MVP!" were reflected in each others faces and talent that will never see them past their High School days was flaunted abundantly.

It got me thinking about my own dreams, those realized and others I abandoned years ago. I remember the anticipation and excitement whenever I thought I had placed one foot on the path to greatness. The fervor with which I attacked those tasks that promised great returns was commendable and the earth shattering disappointment was devastating when those dreams were dashed by impossible hurdles.

An adult once told me, "Terri, you need to stop fantasizing!" and I believed them. Somewhere along the way I stopped dreaming of that greatness and started the general ho-hum I'm mired in today.

This Christmas, I wish for you, and all my brothers and sisters, the ability to dream again. I wish you find the fire that once burned in your belly for incredible dreams. I wish you all success in your endeavors as we all reach to attain our goals of the greatness our ancestors had.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger