Delete this element to display blogger navbar

Hey Soul Sistah


Hey Soul Sistah!

Okay, so I have a theory. A pretty good one. It will leave a HUGE smile on your face.
The song Hey Soul Sistah by Train is about a black woman.

(See! I told you I'd make you smile!)

You know when you catch someone off guard and they stumble around trying to answer your question? Train frontman Pat Monahan told Billboard in the Fall of 2009: "It’s kind of about, I’ve always thought of women as being beautiful, in other ways rather than the obvious, and so the picture of Hey, Soul Sister to me was *a group of beautiful, diverse women* kind of dancing around a bonfire, and the idea of just wanting to be around that energy."

Tell me you don't think that is a round about way of saying YES!

Not to mean any disrespect to our sisters of other shades but my argument is based partly on the lyrics.
  • Soul Sistah is a term usually applied to a black woman, just type "soul sister" into google and see what you get!
  • we're known for our cool moves (the way you can cut a rug)
  • historically the majority of women impressed by a guy calling himself a gangsta or thug tend to be black
  • I want the World to see you'll be with me, no need to question that if she's the same race as he is!
So in honor of all lovers of black women Worldwide (yes we know you're there) this one is for you to listen to and enjoy!

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger