Delete this element to display blogger navbar

Fast Food...

I remember being super broke in college and wondering what I was going to eat for dinner. With my "just above the poverty line" salary, there were few options and often I would find myself standing in line at the Burger King, crumpled dollar bill in hand, salivating at the prospect of eating one of those fluffy delicious burgers advertised on the big sign outside.

I'd leave with a hot sandwich in hand, pour myself a glass of water, turn on the TV to watch Lord of the Rings (coz I couldn't afford cable) and unwrap my dinner. Each time I'd open the wrap the sight of the sandwich would  turn my stomach. The now withered lettuce, pathetically laying against an almost burned patty that could be used as a discus, the smudge of sauce underneath the patty... YUCK.

In spite of all of this, hope beat in my breast every time I thought of going back to Burger King, or McDonalds or Taco Bell. I believed they could deliver what was advertised and every time I was disappointed with the sad sandwich that faced me.

Anyone who has worked in these establishments will laugh in your face when you ask about the ad versus what is placed in the wrapper (maybe that is why they wrap it so tightly, so you'd feel awkward about checking it before you leave the line!!!). Oh well.

Just as a reminder, here is a visual reminder of what is advertised vs what is actually placed in the wrapper! I think we can make better food choices.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger