Delete this element to display blogger navbar

Happy Black Girl Day!!

Ok, seriously, how fabulous is this?! A day we can celebrate that is our very own and we get to do it EVERY month! Woooooo chile! There's about to be an UPSET up in here!!

Who is this Jonny-come-lately, you ask? I know I'm a year behind (fine fine, a year and a month), but I don't think it matters as long as I got my pom-poms and joined the parade, right?

I'm not going to be fair or humble about HBGD day, because I am so happy and proud to be an HBG! Especially today! This is my first celebration so bear with me as I fly hither and thither across my mind.

I enjoy the company of women, I particularly enjoy the company of black women and there is NOTHING that beats the company of self aware black women gathered together to support and encourage one another. Their beautiful smiles, brilliant white teeth flashing against bronzes, mocha, ebony and mahogany hues brings a big smile to my own. Their sharp wit and deep belly laughs rolling around the room cascading over you and reverberating in your own chest. Their quick feet as they rise to their favorite old school beats, showing off their dorkiest dance floor moves.

Don't just read this wondering what HBGD is, go and read it for yourself!

Happy Black Girl Day my sisters, I am blessed to be a part of you!

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger