Delete this element to display blogger navbar

GirlTrek .... Who are they?


We have heard enough negative news about Black women over the past few years. We get abortions as a hobby, babies ain't safe around us, we have the worst health indicators and my absolute favorite...we, as a group, have grown shorter nearly half an inch shorter than black women born in the 60s.

When I think of all this negative publicity and image, I worry for our young girls growing up now literally, as well as figuratively, smaller compared to their white female counterparts.

Which brings me to GirlTrek.

"GirlTrek is a national non-profit movement that inspires and organizes Black girls and women - whose communities are most at risk - to live healthier, more fulfilled lives." These words are a direct quote from their page and I chose to not rephrase because of how powerful I found them to be. They are making a difference in their community so that the change could spread to ours.

We at Qalil.com support your initiative and believe in the power of moving your feet to a healthier you. Keep up the great work!!!

I look forward to participating in one of the 2011 Challenges and hope to be a part of your growing community.

*Runners on and walking out the door*

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger