Delete this element to display blogger navbar

Happy Father's Day!

image credit: commanderjaygold

Yep!

I am one of those annoying women who grew up with a two parent home (both mine and still together) whose father was loving and openly affectionate with my mother and doted on his children.

He taught us to pray, gave us the courage to jump from buildings and trees, birthed a curiosity for African history, shielded us from those who wished us ill, fostered our creativity, filled in the gaps when our information was incomplete, and chats with us still when he can be online.

Once, when a gentleman with less than honorable intentions towards me came to the house, my father pulled himself to his greatest height and with his loudest evangelist preacher voice cast out all kinds of demons "in the name of Jesus!" I was mortified. Needless to say, the man and his intentions removed themselves from my sphere soon after that and were taken to a few other homes with fathers less discerning.

I am grateful that my time on Earth has not been plagued with the ills that come with a deceased father, a deadbeat dad or one that abused me. I know I did not do anything to deserve the father I have and understand that I am no better than anyone else. I'm just lucky. That is why I celebrate.

For my brothers, who now have daughters of their own, Happy Father's Day!
To my own special Dad, Happy Father's Day!


comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger