Delete this element to display blogger navbar

The BIG Secret

There was a time in my life when I thought health fanatics should be locked up in a cupboard until they agreed to sign a document swearing they'd SHUT UP about health issues.

It can be annoying when that one person in your group of friends always comes down on everybody about their eating habits, exercise routine, food supplements and lifestyle choices. I'm beginning to agree with them.

Aside from the recent flurry of news articles about the evil doings of Monsanto (a biotechnology company bent on World Domination...), movies like Supersize Me and information spilling out of various educational institutions about the rise in diabetes and high blood pressure in Black women, my own battle with health issues has helped turn the tide for me.

My doctor prescribed METFORMIN, an anti-diabetes medication with a plethora of side effects, told me to stay away from complex carbohydrates and sugar and sent me on my way. I ended up with hyperpigmentation in the skin on my face, water retention and weight gain even after a strict diet change. Obviously that solution was not working for me so I had to find something else, a more natural solution.

I came across a solution. CINNAMON! I happen to love cinnamon in my tea, porridge, pastries... wherever I could get it. I read many articles including this one, and found that cinnamon acts like insulin in the body. It would break down the sugars in my blood, just as long as I didn't OD on complex carbs and sweets.

I now get my cinnamon supplements from New Chapter, which critically extracts the cinnamon from the bark,  and provides it in pill form. No more metformin, no more hyperpigmentation, water retention and weight gain! My sugar levels are back to normal and all I had to do was add cinnamon to my diet. I also have it regularly in my tea and porridge!

Do some research and talk to your doctor about getting off metformin. It really isn't good for you.

Disclaimer: The writer of this article is not a medical professional. Talk to your doctor about using any supplements before getting off your medication.

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger