Delete this element to display blogger navbar

WWF Celebrity Style

Sigh.

So Chris Brown is in the news again because of Rhianna. If someone kept bringing up some stupid thing I did back in 2009 even though I said sorry 15,000 different ways to 15,000 different news anchors and wept 15,000 tears then wrote 15,000 songs and did 15,000 good deeds to atone for my stupid thing I'd throw a chair through a window too!

We now all know that women are perpetrators of domestic abuse as well. It is a subject that we approach with caution because it forces us to reconsider the very closely held and protected notion that women are weaker than men. I challenge you to read studies that say something different like this paper written by Murray A. Strauss of the University of New Hampshire that says that women initiate partner abuse just as often as men do.

Don't wrinkle your nose like that because you know it is true.

I'm a feminist. Staunch and true and flash my card under the nose of anyone who would call it into question. My brand of feminism approaches issues with honesty. I declare that women are not above men and should not be treated as such. I declare that men are not above women and should not be treated that way either. I declare that all human beings are EQUAL UNDER THE LAW. If two men get into an argument and throw punches what are the questions we'd ask? Why would it be different if a man and a woman fought?

I do not claim that domestic violence against women do not occur. It does. It is sad indeed. But let us not ignore the fact that women are perpetrators of this crime as well.

Our demands on socially acceptable behavior of men, require that he take his punches like a man and not wimp out of fights. You may consider yourself vastly enlightened when it comes to this issue, but I DARE you to advise a friend on dating a man who went to the police when his ex was physically violent towards him without thinking to yourself "What a pu$$y!" See how easy it is for your opinion to change? Men are wimps if they talk about the abuse they suffered but women are strong. It may not come out of our mouths, but it is reflected in our actions towards them. Actions speak louder than words!

In forcing Chris Brown to live and relive the possible abuse that may have culminated in Rhianna's bruised face, let's remember that it is very possible that he was the victim. I'm just saying. And can we be done with it now? Please? Pretty please? Coz now look what y'all done did making him try and change his image!

comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Articles

 
© Diasporan | Design by Blog template
Powered by Blogger